A quick update!

This is an insanely overdue blog and for that I am extremely sorry. 

It seems that the move from my little town at home to university is one that takes a long time to get used to! 

Especially considering how much work I have to do - I seem to be pretty good at choosing the only course that you actually have to do work in the first year! 

But tonight has been a pretty successful night of writing articles, planning essays and shorthand, so I thought it would be nice to do a quick update on my blog and then hopefully from next week I can start blogging properly again! 

The transition to university is crazy and something that takes a lot of getting used to! You will definitely get used to it though - it's a step in your life that you will take, and then never look back. 

I've only been in Lincoln three months, yet I've met some really amazing and talented people who I can't wait to spend the next three years of my life with and learn from them. I feel absolutely blessed to be studying on the same course as some people who are so good at what they do, and hopefully I can really learn from them. 

One of the most important things they'll tell you about university is to be open about every single person you meet. I can almost guarantee that you will meet people you would have thought you had nothing in common with, yet being best friends with them. I hardly have any friends here who are like my friends at home, but I wouldn't change them for the world. 

Wherever you decide to go, whether it's university, a new job, or you just want to get away for a fresh start, you've got to be open to meeting new people and getting to know them and accepting them for who they are. 

It really is the greatest thing that you can do.

Good luck to anyone who is making big changes to their lives and I shall be back soon with another (REAL) blog.... that wasn't written at quarter past one in the morning after hours of work! 

Comments